When Change petitions
your presence……………
I am afraid of
change!!! There I said it.
Come to think of it, it
has taken me a while to face this datum let alone with all my friends (loving
friends) that I seem to have around me who keep rubbing the same words (one
step at a time) through my ears. They have always referred to my way of life as
a conservative one, some have referred to it as a calculated one and others
have just failed to understand how one can lead the kind of life that I seem to
refer to as “my comfort zone” blah blah blah… sounding like broken records (no offense). Meanwhile, as I may refer to it as that (comfort zone), others may
refer to it as a penitentiary! But hey, it is my life and I seem to be
comfortable in it, or seemed to be comfortable until recently (I guess the
broken records are working) bottom line, am beginning to eliminate my adamant
nature or at least am headed to that direction.
Now times are
changing and unfortunately we must adapt to those times. At one time we were
just toddlers, then next to teenagers in high school, and then went to college,
fortunately graduated and then what…. Work, and then what……..? (Cant seem to find
it yet because growth imbibes). The point is we blend with the changing eras
and adhere to them. Whereas others adjust to these times easily, some are petrified
in taking the next step to accept change.
That having been said,
we most of the times get so accustomed to our lives and forget to prepare our
selves for any slight changes that may petition our presence at any time in the
future. We forget that every thing that we have in life is temporary and that
even we ourselves are temporary. We all love the people in our networks and
rhyme with them but there comes a time when these networks including you have
to move forward after all it is a character trait for human beings to search
for some thing more. It could be good for the soul or bad, either we choose
where we want to fit best.
Our day to day
givings may be momentary clearly perceived through change and in comparison to
the age cycle which bring about change when it petitions our presence. We choose
to make issues of interest our “daily anthems” and we also choose to make them
transitory. But as we move on from one level to the next, what impact do we
leave behind and is what you left behind worth it? (I will leave that to you)
I believe change is not
an easy cycle to encounter since it entails making tough choices, good or bad
it all depends on our past experiences. What is it that they say again? Experience
is your best teacher. And I would not
blame man kind for being resistant to change after all it takes you away from
your safe haven.
But should we dwell
on fear for alteration to move to the next Level? I don’t think so, Should we
embrace it when it comes? Yes why not, After all we don’t want you to think of
what could have been.
I must admit that I have
witnessed and read that change has brought amicable success to many. It has
taken people places and given them a buffet of choices to make. Change is a
pioneer that helps one figure out their next move, it helps us grow stronger
and it unbolts our flaps.
Make no mistake, “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” ― Albert Einstein.
Of
course if we are looking to explore the affirmative of change.
All we
have left is to look at the positive outcomes and forget about the negatives
and all will be “bearable.” And I said bearable, not fine.
I am headed towards
Change,( I guess…. I pray… Oh get on with it.) I embrace change. How about you?
Comments
Post a Comment