The Cold is here!

That taciturn weather is here again, that period when you feel like you should stay curled up in your bed rather than go any where else, that time when you feel the comfort of warmth is unbeatable and that nothing else matters and that even if you were left to select options on how you would rather have your last days on earth during this cold weather, you would gladly decide on warmth. 

Well I hate to burst your bubble but life still goes on even when it is cold. It does not matter whether it’s raining hail storms but that life has to move on. I mean, don’t you need to prepare the children for school let alone pick them up, eat, read, run the business, go and check on that client that you must seal the deal with, move to check on your companies for those that have them.

Yes the hurdles of growing up. It consumes your life with responsibility that it ends up sucking the life out of you. And, that even when it is raining time does not come to a standstill and that the clock is always ticking. Like the saying goes the clock can’t be unwound. This does not only refer to the grown ups but that even the children and youths have a responsibility to fulfill their responsibilities in time regardless of the rain.

My only advise it that even when we feel like the warmth is too saccharine to be disrupted, let us not forget that we have set time lines that we should work with in. Let’s find ways of beating the temptation this weather brings and that if we fail all we have to do is think of where we would like to be five years from now.

Now don’t get me wrong, I love warmth and I actually would do any thing to access it when I am cold. But the question is, every time I curl in to this warmth, what is in it for me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the checklist?

The thin line between Public Relations and Marcomms today

PR in the midst of a client partnership